That means frequently asked questions, just in case you didn’t know!
1. How do I contact you?
Ask your parent or guardian to contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How do I get PopJam?
Simply visit popjam.com or go to the iTunes Store or Google Play. If you’re under 13, get your parent or guardian’s permission to use any app including PopJam. Please ask your parent or guardian to read here. Now you’re ready to get PopJamming!
3. What do I do if I see bullying?
Bullying is not cool anywhere, IRL or online, and that includes PopJam. Read below on how to unfollow, block and report negative posts and comments. Our moderators are always watching over PopJam, but you can help keep the community happy by reporting and by being kind.
4. How do I become a Neon Star?
Create posts that you wouldn’t mind your friends, parents or teachers seeing. Show everyone your imaginative, creative and fun side! Neon Stars are PopJammers that represent the PopJam community – they’re friendly, encouraging and creative. We’re always looking out for new Neon stars, and love to celebrate good digital citizenship, so keep being amazing!Create posts that you wouldn’t mind your friends, parents or teachers seeing. Show everyone your imaginative, creative and fun side!
5. How do I block a channel or person?
- Go to their profile
- Press the ‘!’ button in the top right corner.
- Press ‘Block User’
6. What happens when I block someone?
- They will not be able to search for your username.
- They will not be able to comment on your posts.
- They will not be able to @mention you.
- You can’t unblock someone once you’ve blocked them, so make sure you’re sure!
7. How do I report something I think isn’t right for PopJam?
- To report a post, press the arrow in the top right corner and tap ‘Report this post’, next to the ‘!’ icon.
- To report a comment, press the ‘!’ button on the bottom right corner of the comment and press ‘Yes’.
- Our team of community moderators will look at the post. Anything inappropriate for PopJam or the community will be removed.
8. Can I delete my posts, rejams and comments?
Yes, just follow these steps:
Posts and ReJams
- Find the post you want to delete and press the arrow in the top right corner.
- Select ‘delete this post’, next to the Trash icon.
Currently, Android users can’t delete rejams – so make sure you love it before you share it!
- Find the post you have written and hit the ‘!’ button in the bottom right corner.
- Select ‘Delete’ and you’re done!
9. I want to delete my account!
We will do this for you. Just ask your parent or guardian to contact us at email@example.com
10. How do I follow or unfollow a channel or person?
You can follow a channel or person by pressing the ‘follow’ button next to a username on the Discover tab, or you can visit their profile and hit the ‘follow’ button. This now means that everything they post will feature on your Feed tab.
If you want to unfollow a channel or person, simply do the same as when you follow them. Find the ‘following’ button next to their name on the Discover tab and press it, or visit their channel and press the ‘following’ button. It works like an “on” and “off” switch. You will no longer see that channel’s posts on your Feed.
11. Who can see my posts?
Posts appear in your profile. Anyone who visits your profile will be able to see everything that you have posted and rejammed.
Your post will also show in the Feed of friends who follow you. In their own Feeds, they will be able to see what you post and share without going to your profile.
If you use a hashtag such as #cats on your post, anyone searching for or following that hashtag will see your post.
12. What different channels are there?
There are many different channels, but look out for these badges next to usernames:
Green tick = a trusted channel that might belong to PopJam, a brand or an influencer
Blue S = a trusted PopJam Staff account. They love to see your art!
Neon Star = This has been awarded for being an excellent, kind, arty PopJammer
Black Star = If you have 1,000+ followers, this appears next to your username
13. How do I add my friends?
It’s easy to invite your friends to PopJam! Just tap the ‘Add Friend’ icon at the top right of the Discovery tab or press ‘Find PopJammers’ on your profile! Then select Collab, Search or Shake:
Collabs are images that you can decorate with your friends. Create your part and hit the arrow, then copy the link and send it to your friend by following our suggested steps.
Search your friend’s username by typing it into the search bar. If we find a match we’ll take you straight to their profile!
Pressing the ‘Shake’ button finds people ‘shaking’ at the same time as you. It’s not about where you are. It’s a great way to quickly find your friends.
14. Can I log in on multiple devices?
Sure, when you download the app on your other device, just choose ‘Already Have An Account’ and enter your existing username and password.
Make sure you know your password and username before logging out, because if you forget these you won’t be able to get back into your account!
15. What should I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
Hit the recover password button on the login page and then provide your username and email address. You will then receive an email with a link to reset your password. You will need to set up password recovery first.
Or ask your parent or guardian to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help them.
16. How do I change my username?
Ask your parent or guardian to contact customer services at email@example.com and someone will help you!
17. Do you have adverts on PopJam?
Yes. Any adverts are clearly marked with the ‘SAFE AD’ logo so you know exactly what’s an advertisement and what’s a normal post or banner. We use the money that we get from these companies to develop our services. In other words, the companies that advertise on PopJam pay for the service so you don’t have to! It helps us keep PopJam awesome, safe and free!
18. I have a different question!
Ask your parent or guardian to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do what we can to help.
Read PopJam’s full set of rules here.